Stages of Selection –
There will be a Computer Based Test (CBT). Those candidates who will qualify in the CBT, shall have to undergo Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Normalization of marks in CBT will also be there. The paper pattern and syllabus for the CBT is exactly the same as that of the Stage 1 Exam of ALP and Technician recruitment.
The description of posts which come under Level 1 is given below:
HELPER / ELECTRICAL (WORKSHOP); HELPER / ELECTRICAL / AC; HELPER / ELECTRICAL / GENERAL SERVICES; HELPER / ELECTRICAL / POWER; HELPER / ELECTRICAL / TRAIN LIGHTING; HELPER / ELECTRICAL / TRD; HELPER / ELECTRICAL / TRS; HELPER / BRIDGE; HELPER / CIVIL; HELPER / CIVIL (WORKSHOP); HELPER / P WAY; HELPER / TRACK MACHINE; HELPER / WORKS; TRACK MAINTAINER GRADE IV; HELPER / MECHANICAL; HELPER / MECHANICAL / CARRIAGE and WAGON; HELPER / MECHANICAL / DIESEL ELECTRICAL; HELPER / MECHANICAL / DIESEL MECHANICAL; HELPER MECHANICAL (POWER); HELPER / S and T; HELPER / S and T (WORKSHOP) ; HELPER / SIGNAL; HELPER / TELECOMMUNICATION; HELPER / MEDICAL; HOSPITAL ATTENDANT; ASSISTANT POINTSMAN; GATEMAN; PORTER / HAMAL / SWEEPER CUM PORTER
- Date of publication of Notification : 10.02.2018.
- Date & Time of Closing: 12.03.2018 up to 23.59 Hrs.
- Computer Based Test (CBT): Tentatively scheduled for April and May 2018
- Age (as on 01.07.2018): 18 – 31 Years
- Educational Qualification: For most of the posts: 10th pass plus National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT (OR) 10th pass plus ITI from institutions recognized by NCVT/SCVT, while for a few posts it is 10th pass OR ITI
- CANDIDATES WAITING FOR RESULTS OF PRESCRIBED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION SHOULD NOT APPLY.
4.Stages of Exam
There will be a Computer Based Test (CBT). Those candidates who will qualify in the CBT, shall have to undergo Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Normalization of marks in CBT will also be there.
Computer Based Test
Total Questions – 100
Total Time – 90 Minutes
Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST – 30%.
Syllabus and Question Types :
The Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices
- Mathematics : Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
- General Intelligence and reasoning : Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
- General Science : The syllabus under this shall cover Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10 standard level.
- General Awareness : on current affairs in Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and any other subjects of importance.
Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in the CBT. 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for wrong answer
Application Fee :
SC/ST Ex-Serviceman / PWDs / Female / Transgender / Minorities / Economically backward class Rs 250
Others – Rs 500