We are providing the most important Indian Geography Previous year Questions for RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019, SSC 2019 and all other competitive exams. These questions have very high chances to be asked in RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019.
Set-10 Indian Geography Previous Year Questions
Download our GK Gaming Application “GKPK” (30000+) for upcoming RRB NTPC 2019,RRB Group D 2019.
To download “GKPK”,search “GKPK” on PlayStore or just click here.
1.Which one of the following is not a non conventional source of energy?
1. Solar Energy
2. Natural Gas
3. Wind Energy
4. Tidal Power
2.The Himalayas is the example of _________.
1. Fold mountains
2. Block mountains
3. Ancient mountains
4. Residual mountains
3. The largest irrigation canal in India is __________.
1. Yamuna canal
2. Indira Gandhi canal
3. Sirhind canal
4. Upper Bari Doab canal
4.Even after sunset, the air near the Earth’s surface continue to receive heat due to:
2. Terrestrial Radiation
5.The tides in the sea are primarily due to
1. the atmospheric effect of the Earth
2. the gravitational effect of Venus on the Earth
3. the gravitational effect of the mars on the Earth
4. the gravitational effect of the Moon on the Earth
6.What process takes place during the youthful stage of a river?
1. Valley widening
2. River rejuvenating
3. Valley deepening
7.The region which is a water divide between the Ganga and Indus river systems is____________.
2. Namcha barwa
8.The outer most layer of Sun is known as __________.
3. Radioactive zone
9.One of the common forms of representing remote sensing data as information is in the form of
1. Thematic Maps
2. Political maps
3. Distribution maps
4. Land use maps
10.Bhakra Nangal Project is constructed across which river?
11. The Daily Weather Map of India is prepared and printed at ___________
3. New Delhi
12.The first protocol to ban the emissions of choloroflurocarbons in the atmosphere was made in
13. Magnetic Meridian is a
1. Line parallel to the equator of the Earth
3. Line joining the geographic north and geographic south of Earth
4. Plane passing through the magnetic north and magnetic south of Earth
14.In a rainforest, the vegetation that grows under the shade of a canopy is known as
3. Under storey
4. Forest floor
15.”Great Barrier Reef”, the world’s largest Coral reef is located in
1. Caribbean Islands
16.The polar regions are sparsely populated because of –
1. lack of minerals
2. unsuitable climatic conditions
3. infertile land
4. mountainous topography
17. Algal bloom results from –
1. Global warming
18.Which State of India is leading in solar energy generation?
2. Andhra Pradesh
4. Uttar Pradesh
19. Which river basin is shared by more than 10 States of India?
20.The Ruhr basin is the famous industrial region of
4. United Kingdom