We are providing most important Previous year Questions in English for RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019 and all other competitive exams. These questions have very high chances to be asked in RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019.
Set-11 Previous Year Questions
Download our GK Gaming Application “GKPK” (30000+) for upcoming RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019.
To download “GKPK”, search “GKPK” on PlayStore or just click here.
1.Free surface of a liquid behaves like a sheet and tends to contract to the smallest possible area due to
1. force of friction
2. centrifugal force
3. force of cohesion
4. force of adhesion
2.Which of the following in the human body is popularly called the ‘Adam’s Apple’?
3.In a DNA molecule, nucleosides contain
1. nitrogenous base + pentose sugar + phosphoric acid
2. nitrogenous base only
3. pentose sugar + phosphoric acid
4. nitrogenous base + pentose sugar
4.The polarity of an unmarked horse shoe magnet can be determined by using
1. a magnetic compass
2. an electroscope
3. another unmarked bar magnet
4. a charged glass rod
5.How does common salt help in separating soap from the solution after saponification?
1. By increasing solubility of soap
2. By decreasing density of soap
3. By increasing density of soap
4. By decreasing solubility of soap
6.Vulcanization is a
1. Method to degrade polymers
2. Process connected with the making of voltaic cells
3. Process of hardening of rubber by heating it with sulphur
4. Science of studying volcanoes
7.X-ray region lies in between
1. Visible and ultra-violet region
2. Gamma rays and ultra-violet region
3. Short radio waves and ultraviolet region
4. Short radio wave and visible region
8.The half life period of radium is 1600 years. Its average life time will be
1. 4800 years
2. 2319 years
3. 4217 years
4. 3200 years.
9.Milk is an example of
4. Pure solution
10.Sugar in blood and urine is tested with
1. Brine solution
2. Hypo solution
3. Iodine solution
4. Benedict’s solution
11.Which one of the following is correctly matched?
1. Caustic soda – Calcium carbonate
2. Soda lime – Calcium carbonate
3. Washing soda – Calcium hydroxide
4. Baking soda – Sodium bicarbonate
12.The frequency of ultrasound wave is typically
1. Above 20,000 kHz
2. Below 20 kHz
3. Below 2 kHz
4. Above 20 kHz
13.Transpiration in land plants largely occurs through
14.Zn is required in plants as it activates
15.This tree is pollinated by bats:
3. Zostera marina
4. Kigelia pinnata
16.The cells of this epithelium often bear microvilli
17.Two spheres carrying charge q are hanging from a same point of suspension with the help of threads of length 1 m, in a space free from gravity. The distance between them will be
1. 0.5 m
2. 2 m
3. cannot be determined
18.Bacillus thuringiensis is an example of
1. Single cell protein
3. Genetically modified food
19.Assertion (A) : The President can nominate two members to the Rajya Sabha.
Reason (R) : The nomination is given to give representation to the specialists in the fields of art, literature, theatre etc.
1. Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
2. (A) is true, but (R) is false.
3. (A) is false, but (R) is true.
4. Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
20.Dog : Puppy : Lion: ?