We are providing the most important Indian Polity Previous year Questions for RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019, SSC 2019 and all other competitive exams. These questions have very high chances to be asked in RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019.
Set-12 Indian Polity Previous Year Questions
Download our GK Gaming Application “GKPK” (30000+) for upcoming RRB NTPC 2019,RRB Group D 2019.
To download “GKPK”,search “GKPK” on PlayStore or just click here.
1.A member of the council of ministers can hold office without being a member of the state legislature for a maximum period of
1. Three months
2. Six months
3. One year
4. Two years
2.The portfolios to the various members of the council of ministers in a state are allocated by
1. The Governor
2. The Chief Minister
3. The Speaker of legislative assembly
4. The Governor on the advice of the Chief Minister
3. The salaries and allowances of the members of the council of ministers in a state are determined by
1. The state legislature
2. The Governor in consultation with President
3. The Parliament
4. The Governor in consultation with the state legislature.
4. Members of the state legislature can focus the attention of the government on matters of public importance through
1. No-confidence motion
2. Censure motion
3. Cut motion
4. Adjournment motion
5.A money bill can be introduced in the state
1. In either house of the state legislature
2. Only in the legislative assembly
3. Only in the legislative council
4. In both the houses at a joint sitting
6.In December 2005, the Parliament passed a bill which seeks to revive the Legislative Council in
1. Andhra Pradesh
2. Tamil Nadu
4. All the above states
7. The Governor recommends the imposition of the President’s rule in a state
1. On the recommendation of the state legislature
2. On the recommendation of the Chief Minister
3. On the recommendation of the council of minister
4. If he is satisfied that the government of the state cannot be carried in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution of India
8. Which one of the following immunities of the Governor or the state has been wrongly listed?
1. He is not answerable before any court for anything done in the exercise of his official duties
2. No criminal proceedings can be launched against Governor during his term of office
3. No legal proceeding can be instituted against the Governor during the last year of his term
4. The Governor is entitled to rent-free official residence.
9. Which one of the following Prime Minister never faced the Parliament during the tenure?
1. Chaudhary Charan Singh
2. V.P Singh
3. Chandra Sekhar
4. Atal Bihari Vajpayee
10. In the First Lok Sabha, what was the Representation of Women—
11. Which Prime Minister of India imposed President Rule for more number of times—
1. Jawahar Lal Nehru
2. Lal Bahadur Shastri
3. N. D. Deva Gowda
4. Indira Gandhi
12. Who of the following was a member of Rajya Sabha at the time of appointment as Prime Minister?
1. Charan Singh
2. Indira Gandhi
3. Lal Bahadur Shastri
4. Narasimha Rao
13. The salaries and allowances of the members of the Council of Ministers
1. Have been stipulated in the Constitution
2. Are determined by the President in consultation with the Prime Minister
3. Are determined by the Parliament from time to time
4. Are fixed by the President in consultation with the Speaker
14. The Prime Minister of India occupies a superior position than the British Prime Minister because
1. His office has been created by the Constitution
2. The procedure for his removal is much tougher than that of the British Prime Minister
3. His office cannot be abolished
4. He heads the largest democracy of the world
15. Which Amendment of the Constitution relates to Anti-defection Law?
16. Who is called the custodian of the Constitution in India?
2. The President
3. The Supreme Court
4. None of the above
17. From which country tradition of written Constitution began?
18. When were the Fundamental Duties of the Indian citizens incorporated in the Constitution?
19. By which bill the government propose collection of revenue for a year?
1. Supplementary bill
2. Economic bill
3. Finance bill
4. None of the above
20. What is the minimum age laid down for candidate to seek election to lok sabha