We are providing the most important Indian Polity Previous year Questions for RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019, SSC 2019 and all other competitive exams. These questions have very high chances to be asked in RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019.
Set-14 Indian Polity Previous Year Questions
Download our GK Gaming Application “GKPK” (30000+) for upcoming RRB NTPC 2019,RRB Group D 2019.
To download “GKPK”,search “GKPK” on PlayStore or just click here.
1.The council of minister holds office
1. For a fixed term of five years
2. During the pleasure of the President
3. As long as he enjoys the confidence of Parliament especially the Lok Sabha
4. As long as he enjoys the confidence of the Council of Ministers
2.Which of the following is not the power of the Prime Minister?
1. Recommend the names of the ministers for appointment
2. Advise the President
3. Appoint the Speaker of the Lok Sabha
4. Head the government
3.Who enjoys the distinction of having held the office of the Prime Minister for the longest duration?
1. Jawaharlal Nehru
2. Lal Bahadur Shastri
3. Indira Gandhi
4. Rajiv Gandhi
4.Which one of the following statements is correct?
1. A nominated member of the Parliament cannot be appointed as Minister
2. The leader of the largest party in the Rajya Sabha is invariably appointed as Prime Minister
3. A person appointed as a minister has to become a member of either house of Parliament within six months
4. All the above
5.The first BJP ministry which was formed under Atal Behari Vajpayee remained in office for only
1. 10 days
2. 16 days
3. one month
4. 40 days
6.Which one of the following functions of the Prime Minister has been wrongly listed?
1. He presides over the meeting of the Cabinet
2. He prepares the agenda for the meetings of the Cabinet
3. He coordinates the working of various departments
4. He chairs the meetings of the various standing and ad hoc committees of Parliament
7.Article 17 of India Constitution deals with –
3. Abolition of untouchability
4. Food guarantee
8.Under which article, President of India can proclaim constitutional emergency?
1. Article 32
2. Article 349
3. Article 356
4. Article 360
9.How many members of upper house (RajyaSabha) can be nominated by President of India?
10.Which of the following provision needs a special majority in Parliament?
1. Change in Fundamental Rights
2. Creation of New States
3. Abolition of Legislative Councils in State
4. Rules and Procedures in Parliament
11.Which of the following is not a fundamental duty?
1. To abide by constitution and respect the National Flag
2. To promote harmony and brotherhood
3. To uphold and protect the sovereignty
4. Abolition of titles except military and academic
12.Lok Sabha Secretariat comes under the direct control of
1. Ministry of Home Affairs
2. Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
3. Speaker of Lok Sabha
13.An amendment of the constitution may be initiated _____
1. By introduction by the President of India
2. By introduction of a Bill in Rajya Sabha
3. By the Governors of States
4. By the introduction of a bill in either House of Parliament
14.Which of the following Article of Indian Constitution deals with the Right to Equality before Law?
1. Article – 13
2. Article – 14
3. Article – 15
4. Article – 17
15.Who among the following is the Chairman of the National Integration Council?
1. The President
2. The Vice President
3. The Prime Minister
4. The Chief Justice of India
16.The University Grants Commission (UGC) of India is a
1. Constitutional Body
2. Quasi-Statutory Body
3. Neither statutory nor Constitutional
4. Statutory body set up by the Union government in 1956
17.Securities and Exchange Board of India is a
1. Quasi-Judicial body
2. Regulatory body
3. Advisory body
4. Constitutional body
18.Who can initiate the process of removal of the President before the expiry of his term?
1. Lok Sabha
2. Supreme Court
3. Common man
4. Member of Parliament
19.Bicameral Legislature means –
1. Primary and secondary legislature
2. Lower and Upper Chamber
3. Lok Adalats and Courts
4. Elected as well as selected members
20.The constitution of India was framed by:
1. Planning Commission
2. Constituent Assembly
4. Working Committee