We are providing the most important Indian History Previous year Questions for RRB NTPC 2020, RRB Group D 2020 , SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, and all other competitive exams. These questions have very high chances to be asked in RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019.
Set-26 Indian History Previous Year Questions
1.At which of the following places were the third Sangam Literary Assemblies held?
2. The earliest evidence of agriculture in Indian sub-continent comes from?
3. Ruler of Kashmir who was also known as “Akbar of Kashmir’ was-
1. Shamshuddin shah
2. Sikandar Butshikan
3. Haidar Shah
4.Consider the following pairs:
Medieval Indian state Present Region
1. Champaka – Central India
2. Durgara – Jammu
3. Kuluta – Malabar
Which of the above pairs is/are correctly matched?
1. 1 and 2
2. 2 only
3. 1 and 3
4. 3 only
5.Who among the following made the ‘August offer’ of 1940 rejected by the Congress?
1. Lord Wavell
2. Lord Linlithgow
3. Sir George Stanley
4. Lord Willington
6.Subhas Chandra Bose had founded `Forward Bloc` in the year?
1. 1939 A.D.
2. 1937 A.D.
3. 1938 A.D.
4. 1936 A.D.
7.Who among the following national leaders did not opt to defend the case dealing with the trail of the soldiers of the India National Army in 1945?
1. Tej Bahadur Sapru
2. Bhulabhai Desai
3. C. Rajagopalachari
4. Jawahar Lal Nehru
8.Who among the following had headed the group of advocates to argue the case on behalf of the Indian National Army in 1946 in the Red Fort trails?
1. Bhulabhai Desai
2. Kailash Nath Katju
3. Tej Bahadur Sapru
4. Jawahar Lal Nehru
9. The Buddhist Sect Mahayana formally came into existence during the reign of—
10. The Mughal emperor who issued a Farman to English East India Company in 1717 to trade freely in Bengal is?
2. Bahadur Shah
3. Jahandar Shah
4. Shah Alam
11.A large crowd gathered in the Jallianwala Bagh at Amritsar on April 13, 1919 to protest against the arrest of—
1. Swami Shradhanand and Mazharul Haq
2. Madan Mohan Malviya and Mohammad Ali Jinnah
3. Mahatma Gandhi and Abul Kalam Azad
4. Saifuddin Kitchlew and Dr. Satyapal
12.With which of the following movements was Gandhiji NOT associated?
1. Moplah movement
2. Individual Satyagraha Movement
3. Quit India Movement
4. Non-cooperation movement
13.Who of the following was a founder of the Bharat Naujawan Sabha in 1926?
1. Lala Lajpat Rai
2. Sardar Bhagat Singh
3. Lala Hardayal
4. Sohan Singh Bhakhna
14.How did Hiuen Tsang undertake journey from and to India?
1. He came by land route and also returned by land route
2. He came by land route but returned by sea route
3. He came by sea route and returned by land route
4. He came by sea route and also returned by sea route
15.Who amongst the following kings defeated Harsha’s army on the bank of river Narmada?
1. Rajendra Chola
2. Pulakesin II
3. Krishnadeva Raya
4. Rajendra I
16.The Sun Temple of Konark was built by Narasimhadeva I. To which dynasty did he belong to?
1. Somavamsi dynasty
2. Eastern Ganga dynasty
3. Suryavamsi Gajapati dynasty
4. Bhoi dynasty
17.The monuments at Khajuraho belong to the period of?
18.Who of the following revolutionaries set up the United India House in the USA?
1. Ramnath Puri and Vir Savarkar
2. Taraknath Das and G.D. Kumar
3. Lala Hardayal and Bhagat Singh
4. Harnam Singh and Bhagwan Singh
19.Which ruler of Gupta Empire is also known as “Napoleon of India”?
1. Chandragupta I
2. Chandragupta II
3. Samudra Gupta
20.To which period does the Mehrauli Pillar inscription belong?