We are providing the most important Indian Polity Previous year Questions for RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019, SSC 2019 and all other competitive exams. These questions have very high chances to be asked in RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019.
Set-26 Indian Polity Previous Year Questions
Download our GK Gaming Application “GKPK” (30000+) for upcoming RRB NTPC 2019,RRB Group D 2019.
To download “GKPK”,search “GKPK” on PlayStore or just click here.
1.What is the maximum number of Members of the Rajya Sabha?
2.What does the wheel in the National Flag represent?
3.The National Anthem was adopted by the Constituent Assembly in –
1. 24th May 1949
2. 24th November 1949
3. 24th January 1950
4. 24th June 1950
4.Which country’s constitution is the world’s longest?
1. United States of America
4. Great Britain
5.Who among the following is addressed as the Chairman of Rajya Sabha?
1. Prime Minister
2. Chief Justice
3. Vice President
4. Attorney General
6.The constitution of India was framed by:
1. Planning Commission
2. Constituent Assembly
4. Working Committee
7.What is the minimum age to qualify for Lok Sabha Elections?
1. 25 years
2. 30 years
3. 21 years
4. 18 years
8.The number of parliamentary seats (Lok Sabha) of Karnataka is –
9.The form of power structure in which power effectively rests with a faction of persons or families is called –
10.The number of parliamentary seats (Lok Sabha) of Haryana is –
11.Nationalist Congress Party was founded in ______.
12.Bharatiya Janata Party is a part of which political group?
1. United Progressive Alliance
2. National Democratic Alliance
3. Janata Parivar
4. Rashtra Parivar
13.Which one of the following taxes is not shared by the Central Government with the state governments?
1. customs duty
2. excise duties
3. income tax
4. all the above
14.Which of the following subjects was transferred by the 42nd amendment of 1976 from the state list to the concurrent list?
4. all the above
15. Which of the following has been wrongly listed as recommendation of the Sarkaria Commission ?
1. It favoured formation of inter-governmental council consisting of the Prime Minister and chief ministers of states.
2. It favoured liberal use of Article 356 of the Constitution in the interest of unity and integrity of the country.
3. It turned down the demand for the abolition of the office of the governor.
4. It favoured implementation of the three-language formula in the interest of unityand integrity of the country.
16.Which of the following is a leading recommendation of the Sarkaria Commission?
1. abolition of All India Services
2. activation of Zonal Councils
3. drastic changes in the present division of functions between the finance commission and the Planning Commission
4. abolition of Zonal Councils
17.The Central Government derives maximum revenue from
1. Income tax
2. Excise duties
4. None of these
18.Which of the following is the largest contributor to the total tax revenue of the government (Central state and union territory administrations)?
1. Income tax
2. Corporation tax
3. Customs duties
4. Excise duties
19.If a financial emergency is declared, what is its impact on the relations between the Centre and the state?
1. The President can reduce the salaries of all the states’ servants except the judges of High Courts.
2. The President can reduce the salaries of state civil servants including those of the judges of High Courts.
3. The state legislatures are deprived of the right to enact Money Bills.
4. None of the above.
20. Which of the following machineries is most likely to be effective in solving inter-state disputes?
1. Central Council of Health and Local Self-Government
2. Finance Commission and Planning Commission
3. Zonal Councils and meetings between ministers and chief ministers of states
4. Inter-State Council, as recommended by the Administrative Reforms Commission