We are providing the most important General Science Previous year Questions for RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019, SSC 2019 and all other competitive exams. These questions have very high chances to be asked in RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019.
Set-3 General Science Previous Year Questions
Download our GK Gaming Application “GKPK” (30000+) for upcoming RRB NTPC 2019,RRB Group D 2019.
To download “GKPK”,search “GKPK” on PlayStore or just click here.
1. When light waves pass from air to glass the variable affected are-
1. Wavelength, frequency and velocity
2. Velocity and frequency
3. Wavelength and frequency
4. Wavelength and velocity
2. The atmosphere exerts enormous pressure on us. But, we do not feel it because
1. Our blood exerts a pressure slightly more than that of the atmosphere.
2. We are used to it.
3. Our bones are very strong and can withstand the pressure.
4. The surface are of our head is very small.
3. Assertion (A) : With the increase of temperature, the viscosity of glycerin increases.
Reason (R) : Rise of temperature increases kinetic energy of molecules.
1. Both (A) and (R) are true, and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
2. Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
3. (A) is true, but (R) is false.
4. (A) is false, but (R) is true.
4. Food gets cooked faster in a pressure cooker because-
1. Water starts boiling at a lower temperature due to high pressure
2. Water starts boiling at a higher temperature due to high pressure
3. Water boils only at 100° C but the heat content is higher at high pressure
4. Convection currents are set inside the cooker
5. In cold countries, alcohol is preferred to mercury as a thermometric liquid because:
1. Alcohol has a lower freezing point
2. Alcohol is a better conductor of heat
3. Alcohol is cheaper than mercury
4. The world production of alcohol is greater than that of mercury
6. Pure water freezes at what temperature?
1. 47 F
2. 32 F
3. 0 F
4. 19 F
7. CT Scan is done by using-
1. Infra-red Rays
2. Ultrasonic Waves
3. Visible Light
8. If a person sitting in a lift then when will he feel that his weight gets increased?
1. When the elevator going upward expeditiously
2. When the elevator going down expeditiously.
3. Going upward with constant velocity.
4. Going downward with constant velocity.
9. The separation of cream from milk by churning is due to-
1. Gravitational force
2. Cohesive force
3. Centrifugal force
4. None of the above
10.While travelling by plane, the ink of the fountain pen starts to come out-
1. Due to decrease in air pressure
2. Due to increase in air pressure
3. Due to increase in volume of ink
4. Due to excessive load
11. What is the SI unit of intensity of sound?
12.Which colour is formed when Blue and Green are mixed?
13.What is the SI unit of Power?
14.The gas used in discharge tubes for optical decoration and advertising is-
1. Carbon dioxide
3. Sulphur dioxide
15.The distance-time graph for the motion of an object moving with a constant speed is a __________.
3. Straight Line
16.If the force applied on the object is in the direction of its motion, the speed of the object __________.
4. No effect
17.Sphygmomanometer measures the blood pressure in the
18.The reverse effect of X-ray emission is
1. Raman effect
2. Compton effect
3. Zeeman effect
4. Photo-electric effect
19.The group of solar cells joined together in a definite pattern is called a
2. Solar Heater
3. Solar cooker
4. Solar cell panel
10.The study of origin and evolution of universe is known as ________.
11.If a ball is thrown up, which of the following does not change?
1. Acceleration due to gravity
3. Potential energy
12.The SI unit of intensity of sound is ______.
1. Watt per square meter
2. Joule per square meter
3. Newton per square meter
4. Tesla per square meter
13.To keep drinks at the same temperature for quite sometime, the walls of thermos bottle are coated with:
1. Aluminium paint
2. Lead Powder
3. Silver layer
4. Mercury Layer
14.The atmosphere exerts enormous pressure on us. But, we do not feel it because
1. Our blood exerts a pressure slightly more than that of the atmosphere
2. We are used to it
3. Our bones are very strong and can withstand the pressure
4. The surface are of our head is very small
15.The sensation of weightlessness in a spacecraft in an orbit is due to the –
1. Absence of gravity outside
2. Acceleration in the orbit which is equal to the acceleration due to gravity outside
3. Presence of gravity outside but not inside the spacecraft
4. Fact that spacecraft in the orbit has no energy
16.It is easier to carry two buckets of water in one hand each, than to carry only one in one hand because –
1. weight of buckets are balanced
2. centre of gravity falls within the body
3. centre of gravity and centre of equilibrium fall within the feet
4. resultant weight of buckets is zero
17.In a nuclear reactor, one of the following is used as a fuel?
18.Tungsten is used for the manufacture of the filament of an electric bulb, because –
1. it is a good conductor
2. it is economical
3. it is malleable
4. it has a very high melting point
19.Moving Electric Charge produces –
1. Magnetic field
2. Sound waves
3. Light rays
4. Heat waves
20.Kerosene rises in the wick of the stove is due to –
3. Surface tension
4. Biogen contraction