We are providing the most important Indian Polity Previous year Questions for RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019, SSC 2019 and all other competitive exams. These questions have very high chances to be asked in RRB NTPC 2019, RRB Group D 2019.
Set-31 Indian Polity Previous Year Questions
Download our GK Gaming Application “GKPK” (30000+) for upcoming RRB NTPC 2019,RRB Group D 2019.
To download “GKPK”,search “GKPK” on PlayStore or just click here.
1.India is a union of states means
1. It is more centralised
2. It is more decentralised
3. It is a confederation
4. None of the above
2. Which of the following conditions does not contribute to the independence of the judiciary in India?
1. No change in salary and service condition of judges can be made which operates against their interest after their appointment.
2. Once appointed, the judges cannot be removed from their office before the date of retirement.
3. The salary and allowances of the judges are charged to the Consolidated Fund of India and are not subject to Parliamentary vote.
4. Retired judges are not permitted to carry on practice before any court or tribunal in India.
3. Which of the following statements regarding the Supreme Court of India is not correct?
1. It acts as the guardian of the liberties of the people of India.
2. It acts as the guardian of the Constitution.
3. It has final power to investigate disputes regarding election of the President and the Vice-President.
4. All the above
4. The Punjab Reorganisation Act, which created the states of Punjab and Haryana in 1966, was enacted on the basis of the recommendations of the
1. Dhar Commission
2. Das Commission
3. Shah Commission
4. Mahajan Commission
5. Which of the following states were initially given the status of autonomous state and subsequently made full-fledged states?
1. Meghalaya and Sikkim
2. Assam and Bihar
3. Meghalaya and Jammu and Kashmir
4. Nagaland and Assam
6. Which Constitutional Article empowers the State Legislature to adopt Hindi or any state language as the official language of that state?
1. Article 345
2. Article 350
3. Article 348
4. Article 349
7. Whose satisfaction is required under Constitutional Article 347 regarding special provision for creating language spoken by a section of the population of a state—
4. Prime Minister
8. Through which Constitutional Amendment, reservation of seats for SC and ST in Lok Sabha and State Assembly extended—
1. 45th Amendment Act 1980
2. 50th Amendment Act 1984
3. 23rd Amendment Act 1969
4. 51st Amendment Act 1984
9.Which of the following is a feature of federal Government?
1. Supremacy of Parliament
2. Supremacy of Judiciary
3. Division of powers between federal and state Government
4. Single citizenship
10. Under which article, President of India can proclaim financial emergency?
1. Article 32
2. Article 349
3. Article 360
4. Article 355
11.Who has the right to decide whether a Bill is a money bill or not?
1. Speaker of Lok Sabha
2. Prime Minister
4. Finance Minister
12.The members of the All India Services serve the –
1. Central Government only
2. State Government only
3. Union Territories only
4. Both the Union and State Governments
13.The term of office of the Vice-President of India is –
1. 4 years
2. 5 years
3. 2 years
4. 6 years
14.If the Governor of a state wishes to relinquish his office before the expiry of his term, he has to address his resignation to
1. The President
2. The Prime Minister
3. The Union Home Minister
4. Chief Justice of India
15.The members of the Council of Ministers can be dismissed by the President
1. On his own
2. On the recommendation of the Prime Minister
3. On the recommendation of the Lok Sabha
4. On the recommendation of the Speaker of the Lok Sabha
16.Which kind of Panchayati Raj system was recommended by the Balwant Rai Mehta Committee?
3. Village level
4. None of the above
17.Which is the first ever state constituted on linguistic basis?
2. Andhra Pradesh
3. Madhya Pradesh
18.Who among the following is associated with ‘NITI Aayog’?
1. Rajiv kumar
2. Kaushik Basu
3. Amartya Sen
4. P. Chidambaram
19.Two or more Zonal Councils can hold joint meetings. Such meetings are presided over by the
1. Chairman of the Planning Commission
2. Prime Minister
3. Union Home Minister
4. the senior most governor of the member states
20.Zonal Councils are
1. Advisory bodies
2. Administrative bodies
3. Consultative bodies
4. Lawmaking agencies